Saturday, November 23, 2013

FB comment clippings (and  account of processing)
Sat. 11/23/13 2:29p

2:41p dragged clippings to folder - 34 clippings of FB comments, not including one's not on the laptop


go to edit on the photo (in FB). I think you can turn it around right in FB. Happened to me too.

this is so sad M for all of you. I cannot imagine having to deal with so much politiking on a regular basis. Wishing you peace for this.


Oh my - this is a surprise! My printer/scanner is down. It will take me a bit to get machinery back in order. For now I will take this to the library to see how good a scan I can get there. How lucky you are R to have been able to work with the babies. They are so irresistable - so cute.

Yes! I actually did see that come across my newsfeed. I do think it is photoshopped. I like the idea of the  image, the visual, but knowing it is not natural somehow bugs me if I think people are believing it is natural.

some writers write their stories just to see where they end up (ie.Stephen King). So maybe you have two stories going, or even more.

I thought you could always make a quote as long as you give all the source. That is all part of the fair use aspect. You are just using a little piece of it. You may not use a quote to sell/market something with - that is what 'commercial' use is. Google the question. Refer to what you learned about footnotes and bibliographies in school (hopefully).



Missed you J and D! That weather was something for awhile too. You see those empty spots in the display? That is  where your drawings were missing!

If you have a real working typewriter, you could type on that, take pics of the pages, (or photocopies), and then use ocr program to convert to digital text. There is also an app for it. I wish it would do handwriting. And you may not type fast enough to make it worthwhile. But...?

What a wonderful pic - you are both intent on whatever - the photo  really has caught each of you in being.


Yay S! Thank you! Insurance is Gambling, a lottery. And that it should be mandatory to buy a lottery ticket just because we dare not call it a TAX??? When are we going to see that?


After doing a huge amount in a short time and getting caught up, the regular amount needed will be like a piece of cake!

wow - that child has been watching how the grownup holds the tool! So neat. Little ones are able to do so much at a very young age, and know so much more than we think they do?

It is such an amazing thing that you are perhaps the only direct link I have with my early childhood. It is so magical this way. Thank you for this. It is wonderful to have found these ties to people that were so important growing up.


A you could be a model for flowered/Hawaiian shirts. They look so good on you and you in them. How you wear your handsome son may be part of it too though!


M thank you! Such a proud achievement  being able to cut my own hair! - that was the most important part of it. My mother used to cut my hair and one time she messed up. That was it. Lots of practice on myself and my sisters, whenever they happened to let me. Cutting the littlest brother's hair was tricky because he was young enough to storm off in a fury in the middle of the haircut if the hair got pulled once too much. Not easy to coax him back after that!


Oh my goodness!! Thank you all. This is another accidental stumbling upon a pic. This is already at least four years old, so not sure how much it resembles me today!
A- all the 'little sisters' were so important and so treasured - that was all part of being friends together. We were just as lucky to have you as a so called 'little sister' (as I was with my own dear 'little siblings') Love to you all! So nice to hear from everyone overnight!

Did I invite you B to that thing in TX? I thought I requested friending yesterday because I wanted to share an artist's pic that I wanted S to see. I still have to find that again so I can message it to you! I'll go find it now.


And yes, a 5K stint can be done in a day, but may leave you too spent to tackle the next day's worth.

I'm finding a half hour timer alarm really helps. Just focus on writing until it rings. Invariably it will ring when you are heavy into writing. Then you reset for another session and continue. If that is too long, make it shorter. Sweeten the pot by putting down little marks, gold stars, what ever you need to give yourself a tiny mental boost as you go. It makes the process be 'now' instead of 'oh my gosh, look how far I have to go!' . Can you imagine if we had to think about eating in terms of how much food we need to eat in a month? etc., etc.? Just a little at a time will get you there, or at least that much closer than if you had done nothing. There is nothing to lose. It is all practice. It adds up. As soon as you can, print out what you have just so you can see the pile grow.


B-1 - you probably would not remember me. We did not know each other in school. Your Mom/B came regularly to clean at my house. That soon switched to her coming to make her wonderful fried chicken. My mom, K D,  and B would always chat. Your Mom would tell my Mom, and they both would have a chuckle, about  all the girls who were throwing themselves at you - yes you were a handsome fellow growing up. We may have been in homeroom together one year, but I don't remember. I only  knew you by sight. I don't think you knew me. You are in my 1968 yearbook as a Senior in that class (my class too). I did a lot of work on that yearbook - the psychedelic art. I was very much involved with art. For a few years I had a short mod hair style that I cut myself. At one point I wore some crazy psychedlic big earrings made from blown out eggshells (like easter eggs). In my FB pics is a pic of me from high school 'posing' wearing a short dress typical for that year. I could tag you in it so you can see it, then  untag it.

I remember that B went through an agonizing spell with gall bladder stones. Your Mom was very dear to us. The family moved to Michigan my second year in college, fall of 1969. I was in Philly at art school then. We all basically lost touch with Montclair for a long time.

My mother passed away last summer. She had been living in Brooklyn for the past few years. Thank goodness she went before hurricane Sandy hit.

We were lucky to know B. Tell me how things are when you can.

Best to you,
C


So wild - always in awe of these people, such a great life affirming example! I imagine that most of these real 'old timers' are extremely young. How uplifting to hear. Thanks to all of you!

heck oh heck - fb shows things in the news feed one moment, you take a momentary action to clear some notifications, and poof, whatever you intended to check next on the news feed has been deemed of no consequence for you. But oh how important those other things are that keep repeating themselves because others are liking them or what not....rant to be withheld..

yay! FB's email posting option is back in business. The demo drawing I just posted by email is good for coloring!

Yesterday evening I was also not able to post a pic by email to my artist page - not from the library nor from home. I may not be able to test that now. That could be further indication of work FB is doing.

 it in my mind, but my mind's vision might have played tricks on me. It struck me enough that I looked at it again to see if I was really seeing that. I also checked to see if we had any friends in common. No. It does not say it now. It is just the usual suggestion to invite your friends. Ohh - they/FB run tests all the time to see if they get any response from various things. This could have been a test or a mistake test. That is my idea for now.


A 'like' is a share, but a 'share' lets you add your own caption/take  on the content. Thumb icon disappears soon. See the new buttons here:


CK
Has there been a change in 'liking' a page? Does it now mean you are also sending out invites to your friends to 'like' that page, but you don't know that you are? I just liked a page and found a list of my friends to whom an invite had been sent. There is no connection between the page and the friends. It could be the original inviter is doing that inviting....

I have not tested this yet, but I did read/hear somewhere in some tech news that something had changed about the FB 'liking'. My suspicions are raised but not yet confirmed. Keep your eyes open!

The Nano write-in leader in Rkd gave the suggestion to have a couple tricks handy to revert to whenever that happens. Something like just turning to writing conversation happening at a dinner table. I don't remember what she called it. But it sounds like it does just what Breanne says will happen if you just keep writing. Everyone is different in what they get out of these experiences though - what approaches work or don't work for you.

There was an NPR piece today about veterans finding work as firemen. The ones interviewed also love being part of a team, the sense of comradery, to be able to help people. The sense of purpose in one's work. I think perhaps we all want such things to a certain degree. May we all keep moving towards that.


a lot like the circle abstractions we just did in kids art class

2:54 pm c. 30 items compiled?

1805 words - hmm, not a number to be sneezed at. Falling asleep doing it though
Incomplete- clippings from  Thurs 11/07/13 thru today  72 wpm?
1805/25 min =72 wpm
But 3:20 pm to change names to initials and get the docs synched. I wanted a copy of each

No comments:

Post a Comment